Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

So for Thanksgiving this year I wanted to host. My parents agreed to come, although only because my hubby's grandmother whom we live with right now. I planned and planned and put lots of thought into making this thanksgiving wonderful.

Our menu went something like this:
Turkey- seasoned with a seasoning that I created, no measurements but I will tell you there was sage garlic salt pepper and other spices and herbs in it. Instead of the traditional stuffing that my mom always stuck in the bird I opted to shove some celery carrot onion and garlic inside. Oh, and a bay leaf also.
Stuffing- I knew I would be very busy in the kitchen with cooking everything else I opted for some doctored up stove-top. That means I cooked up some onions and celery in butter and used some chicken stock instead of water.
Brussel sprout casserole- technically not a casserole, but hey it's my creation I can call it whatever I whatever I want to. Casserole it is. It's brussel sprouts, onion, bacon, salt, pepper, and olive oil. It's delish! It's a staple in our house, not just for Thanksgiving.
Asparagus- my mom made it, and I'm sad to say I didn't even get to try it. But we grilled it up on the George Forman, salt pepper and olive oil, topped with some parmesan cheese.
Cranberry jelly- canned, need I say more? Nah.
Flaky biscuits- Homemade! I am almost proud, I kind of burnt them, oops... But we all ate at least one so they were not a loss.
Sweet potato casserole- This wasn't supposed to be a casserole, however that's how it ended up, 2 sweet potatoes a bit of butter, caramel sauce, mix and top with marshmallows, brown.

I am pretty sure that is all we had. I also made desert, a double layer pumpkin cheesecake, it was so delicious!

I am pretty bummed that we didn't get photo's, not even of the set table. I did manage to get a photo of my centerpiece and the turkey while it was being cooked, but that's it.

I hope yall's Thanksgiving was spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment